Painting and staining are one of the main methods of improving your home’s appearance. However, since paint and stain are often a structure’s first line of defense, many homeowners don’t realize that adopting a regular maintenance painting program protects your property investment beyond just preserving how the home looks.
What is a regular maintenance-painting program?
It is not technically nor economically correct to treat all surfaces the same, regardless of condition. Therefore, a periodic maintenance painting solution will take into consideration the condition of the existing coating of surfaces and will determine a recommended frequency of care per surface. A regular maintenance-painting program for both residential and commercial applications will generally include the following:
- washing and cleaning to remove dirt and grime, as well as build up from environmental pollutants,
- touching-up areas or restaining where the efforts can maintain the current life of paint and stain,
- looking over the entire structure, including hard-to-see areas, to search for possible areas of damage or potential wear.
5 Reasons A Regular Maintenance-Painting Program is Important
If you own a home or commercial structure, signing up for a routine painting program can help you:
- maintain and increase your home’s/business’s value;
- extend the life of your painted surfaces, establishing a stronger first barrier of defense from moisture and pests;
- save money from requiring the full cost of a complete painting/staining job and possibly from building repairs where the walls could have degraded;
- improve your attitude, since studies have shown that a well taken care of aesthetic environment has proven to impact our perspective on life;
- increase the time of actually using your home or business and not being in a construction zone since a maintenance program requires less time to complete than a full repaint and stain.
Properly maintained structures can offer a lifetime of beauty. Furthermore, preventative efforts, such as a regular maintenance painting program, are a way to keep repair costs down before structural damage can occur. If you are a home or business owner in the Truckee – Lake Tahoe area and would like to protect the investment of your home and business, contact Sierra Precision Painting, Truckee and Lake Tahoe’s premier painting contractor, to plan a maintenance schedule that works for you.